Monday, September 11, 2006

Anime - BLEACH TV Series

Bleach the TV series is currenting screening on the local cable channel (CH 56). Having heard so much rave reviews about the show, which has over taken the ratings from Naruto to be the number one anime in Japan, I decided to have a look. Before that, it has not impressed me much based on the story and animation (after watching one episode sometime ago).

The current show time is 6:30pm, and a repeat on an ungodly hour of 00:30am, 5 days a week, Mondays to Fridays. By now, I have watched about 9 episodes, and frankly, it has not impressed me as much as the first time I watched Naruto.

Maybe this is just a slow beginning, so I will keep watching, as long as I can keep my eyes open. These late night repeats are a killer. I doze off half the time.

The animation is not as good as Naruto, and it is also not as hillarious as Naruto as well. But on the plus side, the animation is consistent. Naruto sometimes tend to have some bad animation. But when an epic battle ensues, the animation is superb.

The opening an closing themes as nice, but again, not as nice as Naruto, in terms of the songs and animation. The only 2 I liked so far is the 4th Opening "Tonight Tonight Tonight" by the Beat Crusaders and the 6th Ending "My Pace" by Sunset Swish. Both are catch tunes and the animation is great !

4th Opening Theme


6th Closing Theme

No comments: