Sunday, December 10, 2006

Anime - Blocker Gundan (Corps) IV Machine Blasters


I remember when I was a kid, I used to catch this anime religiously, over the Malaysia channel. It was dubbed in Malay, so I did not understand anything. But I still liked the show due to the mecha. They were so cool then, and till todate, I still think they are cool.

I used to draw the robots, and I still have a pencil sketch of Bosuparuda that my uncle did.

By the way, I was able to sing the opening and ending themes, in Japanese, then, even though I had no idea what I was singing.

With the advances in technology, I am able to relive my childhood memories, courtesy of youtube. :)

Opening theme


Closing theme


Now my only wish is to have toys of these mecha remade, along the lines of Bandai's Soul of Chogokin. (And hopefully Japan would release this show on DVD, like that it is currently doing for some of the more popular anime from the 70s and 80s.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear friend, as we have a same interest in Blocker Gundan IV Machine Blaster, I can told you that I found many website about this title. As you know, in Italian, they called it Astro Robot.

I tried to question many vendor in Japan and Italy but unfortunately there were no DVDs or any video items in the making or remaking. This was very sad news but I notice that Mazinger Z is released in DVD format, also Mazinkaiser which is OVA (Original Video Animation) version of Mazinger.

Yes, you can have "Soul of Bigger Gokin". Click here: http://www001.upp.so-net.ne.jp/STUDIO-SA/gallery2/itadaki_1.html

If I can found it in any auction made by persons at ebay.co.jp or ebay.com.it so I can make a bidding to this lovely Blocker Gundan IV Machine Blaster. I hope so much!!

You can contact me at azzameen@gmail.com

Thanks.

neoconvoy said...

Another fan. That's great ! I am not putting my hopes too high (or any) to see this show in DVD format. It's just not as popular as those super robot series.

The only toys I see around are those vintage Chogokins and large vinyls. They can cost an arm or leg.

Thanks for the link. Let's pray the folks at Bandai sees the picture and is inspired enough to work on these robots. :)

SOB said...

My childhood memories were the same, which means you are as old as me. They were the most in thing for the children back then. Hope to find some video of the series.

Machine Blaster fan