Sunday, June 22, 2008

Upcoming Yamato Macross 1/60 Destroid Tomahawk

I usually do not post future releases, but the recent news just got me excited.
I am not a Macross fan, although I liked the original anime/movie (Do you remember Love is still one of the best sequence in my opinion) and Macross Zero, and watched some of the other anime like Macross Plus and Frontier.

The thing I liked about Macross are the other mechas (the Valkyries are overrated) like Tomahawk, Monster, Regult, etc. Yamato has been making Valkyries all these while, and the only non-Valkyries mecha they released was the Koenig Monster awhile back. Now they are back agin, to release the Destroid Tomahawk.



So far, these are the promotional pictures we have seen, and no other pictures from the recent toy shows in Japan. But it is looking great !

I remember as a kid, I was so taken in by this mecha design that I bought and built the model kit. I should still have the kit somewhere in the storeroom, or at least the box. It'lls be great now to own an action figure.

No comments: