Monday, June 30, 2008

Singapore Toy and Comic Convention 2008 - Batman Gotham Knight Asian Preview

I was there on the 2nd day of the convention where they screened Batman Gotham Knight. Though I did not win any tickets, and did not had a chance to sit through the entire screening (of all the 6 shorts by the way), I managed to catch some bits and pieces.

The first chapter "Have I Got a Story For You" itself below my mind away. It was animated by Studio 4ÂșC. You can tell straight away from the distinct style of animation. The animation alone sold me to get the DVD when it is released.

The other 2 Japanese studios are Production I.G. and Madhouse, both renowned for their superb animation.

The plots are darker, and so is the mood of the animation. The characters are animated in the usual Japanese styles, so they do not look like any of the Western counterparts. This is quite refreshing.

Go get the DVD when it is released !

In case you could not see the preview, here is a sneak peak clip from youtube.

No comments: